I’m kind of a free-style girl. I have never been great at orchestrating structure in the home for our girls and usually just kind of take the days as they come. I have to be flexible with the nature of my career so we all just have to go with the flow.
The thing is, eight weeks of upcoming summer “holidays” is little too much FLOW. Like third-day of the menstrual cycle, triple-super-plus tampon, cramps-until-you-cry kind of flow. Not into it.
So, I have a (kind of) plan:
1. No TV until 3 pm. SO DON’T EVEN ASK.
2. There will be two set snack times in the day: 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. No all-day grazing.
3. You can play outside: ride bikes, jump on the trampoline, run through the sprinkler, make mud pies, don’t even think about setting foot indoors.
4. When you arre inside, counting down the hours until you can finally watch TV, you can: colour, do puzzles, clean up your room (hahaa!), play with your 67 dozen toys and don’t bug me.
5. No fighting. Seriously. If you fight I will LOSE IT.
And, that’s all I got for now.
Summer is beautiful and magical and I don’t want it to be a season I view as something to be endured. Even though when I shared that with my mom she said, “Why not? I DID!” and then I felt better because she’s awesome and if even she feels like two months is too long to try to keep kids happy…well then, I’m OK.
How are you planning to
make it through savour every moment this summer with your kids?